After a workout our body needs a doze of nutrients and proteins to kick start the recovery. It is very important to have the right post workout meal to avoid snacking on junk and end up taking in huge amounts of calories. A green smoothie is perfect to fill you up with the right amount of calories and give your body the nutrients it needs to recover for the next day workout.
Usually after a high intensity workout my body craves for calories, if i don't plan and prepare my post workout meal, i end up eating just anything i can find in my fridge. It leaves me feeling guilty that i consumed more calories than what i just burnt. So it is very important to fill your fridge with whole foods and plan your post workout meal.
So here is a quick and easy recipe for a green smoothie i make after every workout:
1. 2 cups of Spinach
2. 3 cups of fresh fruits (Banana, Apple, mango)
3. 1/2 cup of Carrots
4. 2 cups of liquid (Low fat milk or Coconut milk or Water)
5. 1 tsp of Chia Seeds
6. 2 tbsp Protein powder
1. First blend the spinach leaves and the liquid base, to avoid chunky pieces of leaves.
2. Then add the fruits, carrots and chia seeds. Blend well.
3. In the end, add the protein powder and blend well. Your green smoothie is ready!
This green smoothie takes just 5 minutes to make and fills you up well. Then you are not that crazy hungry beast and can plan you next meal with sanity :)
I love this smoothie and i hope it helps you all as well.
I am planning to do a workout post soon, i have a new workout plan i just started on, so very soon i will share with you guys.
Happy healthy living.